Check account balance
When you have money on your account, you can check your balance with the Mercado Pago Account resource.
curl -X GET -H 'Authorization: Bearer $ACCESS_TOKEN' https://api.mercadolibre.com/users/$USER_ID/mercadopago_account/balance
You will notice that you’ll find various amounts separated by status and availability in the response.
The parameter “unavailable_balance_by_reason” shows the amounts unavailable and it will tell you the reason why it’s unavailable. You can also see amounts available for transfer, withdrawal, and payment (credit in Mercado Pago) in the parameter “available_balance_by_transaction_type.”
Reasons of amount unavailavilty
- dispute: amount blocked while the order is in dispute.
- fraud: amount blocked due to suspected fraud.
- ml_debt: amount destined only to MercadoLibre cost.
- time_period: amount blocked by default time processing Mercado Pago.
- restriction: amount blocked for other reasons.
That’s all you need to know about it. If you want to know further about working with Mercado Pago, check the Mercado Pago Developers site.